xperience warm Akwaaba hospitality in the “City of Brotherly Love and Sisterly Affection.” Located in the University City section of Philadelphia, the historic 1880s manor features a gracious porch and grounds along with six guest rooms and suites accommodating up to 20 lodgers. Original, ornate woodwork, stained glass and marble fireplaces abound throughout the inn. Modern-day amenities include on-suite bathrooms, wifi, flat-screen TVs and more.
Enjoy a hearty breakfast in the light-filled dining room, afternoon refreshments in the handsome sitting parlor, and a warm cup of Joe or tea anytime on the welcoming porch, all while listening to the musical sounds of Philadelphia. The decor of each guest room or suite is inspired by music from Philadelphia throughout the decades.
When you head out for a day of work or play, you’ll find Drexel University and the University of Pennsylvania a few blocks away, along with dining, shopping and cultural venues. Center City is only 3 miles away. Akwaaba Philadelphia really is your perfectly located home away from home!
Akwaaba Philadelphia’s Special Touches
- 1880s historic mansion with gracious porch and grounds
- Located in fashionable University City, a few blocks from Drexel University and U Penn, near fine restaurants and shops and a walk to the Philadelphia Museum of Art, Philadelphia Zoo and 30th St. Amtrak Station
- Decorated to celebrate Philadelphia’s rich music legacy
- Spacious guest rooms and suites, all with private baths and kitchens, kitchenettes or a microwave and mini fridge
- Air conditioning, flat-screen TVs, clock radios, wireless internet and guest computer station
- Luxurious robes for lounging
- Custom bath amenities and blow dryer
- Extensive library
- Private meeting and event spaces
- Scrumptious, expansive breakfast
- Afternoon refreshments
- Personal concierge to arrange tours, restaurant reservations or anything else you may desire
- Limited on-site parking available, $15 daily